Senior Director, Origination
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Director of Origination will be responsible for leading the commercial power origination efforts for the organization. The successful candidate will have extensive previous experience leading power origination efforts and leading teams in this function. Candidate must have significant relationships and contacts across geographies, power markets and customer segments in the US, and a familiarity with renewable energy commercial practices and evolving policies. A driven leader who possesses deep power markets expertise, and has successfully executed wind energy off-take agreements and PPAs is desired.
Specific experience originating, pricing, structuring and analyzing physical and financial PPAs is required. Experience working in CAISO, ERCOT, PJM, MISO, SPP, and WECC and bilateral markets is preferred. Knowledge and contacts across market segments including IOUs, IPPs, Coops, Munis, Public Power, Government and growing Commercial and Industrial segments (including Data Centers) is highly preferable.
The candidate is expected to be highly motivated and a high performing leader in the organization who is capable, and willing, to manage and develop other individuals to enable the team to excel in identifying, communicating and delivering value for utility scale wind customers across a wide spectrum of US markets.
- Delivering upon target volume, revenue and margin goals for off-take agreements
- Negotiation of power contracts with counterparties
- Explore creative deal structures to assist in differentiating product offering including physical and financial hedges, contracts for differences, and firming and shaping structures
- Establish relationships with procurement, trading and origination desks at utilities, munis, coops, C&I off-takers, and marketers
- RFP & Proposal Development – Identify RFP opportunities and originate bilateral PPA targets outside formal RFP processes
- Develop C&I market and target offtakers for bi-lateral negotiations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong commercial skills and proven “closer”
- Advanced knowledge of power markets, customers and segments in North America utility scale wind market (IOUs, coops, munis, Commercial & Industrial companies, IPPs, government agencies)
- Fluency in concepts including: basis risk, power markets, hedging, losses, and congestion
- Ability to build strong customer relationships across organization levels
- Capable leader who can effectively manage others to high performance
- Driven, hard-working individual with high standards for self and others
- Resourceful and comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment
Experience & Education
- Advanced degree preferred
- 8-10+ years of experience in power origination and management roles
- Experience with PPA transactions across multiple power markets, customers, and deal structure types
- Knowledge of and experience in over-the-counter forward markets, physical markets, and/or futures markets
- Experienced and effective manager
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org