Senior Project Developer – New Projects Group
Position Summary Description
As a Senior Project Developer within Scout’s New Projects Group, you will be fully responsible for leading your U.S.-based wind and solar projects through all development phases with a focus on early- to mid-stage phases. You will assess the viability of project concepts, establish strategic land control, coordinate applications for interconnection, and facilitate desktop environmental, permitting, and transmission reviews. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality and profitable projects that meet all project milestones.
You will be the face of your projects, both externally and internally. Externally, you will build relationships with landowners, community members, regulators, and local government officials to gain project support:
- Serve as project lead for discussions with landowners, negotiate site control agreements and secure planning / use permit approvals.
- Coordinate various studies and manage outside consultants to meet project budget and schedule.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, including federal, state and local officials, project landowners, and surrounding community members.
- Drive complex negotiations and independently create solutions to project-specific challenges.
- Make sound decisions under challenging circumstances using available data and your experience.
Internally, you will collaborate with other Scout staff to ensure the smooth delivery of your projects:
- Facilitate the engagement of internal development, interconnection, origination, procurement, construction, legal, accounting, and finance teams.
- Integrate the feedback of Scout team members into your project approach to achieve superior results.
- Establish organizational goals, objectives, and operating procedures in line with the overall business plans and objectives.
- Implement long-term company strategy and initiatives related to wind and solar project development.
- Create control and influence over the costs, terms, and schedules of key project milestones.
You will join the New Projects team, reporting directly to the Director of New Projects and M&A. You will work in parallel to other Senior Project Developers who have responsibility for other geographic regions, sharing knowledge and providing support as needed. An Associate Project Developer will provide support to your portfolio of projects, allowing you to advance your projects more efficiently.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college program.
- 5+ years of wind development experience.
- Knowledge of the full-cycle of utility-scale wind power generation development and marketing, with considerable experience leading early- to mid-stage development.
- Extensive knowledge of interconnection process, permitting, real estate, state/federal regulation, utility procurement goals, politics, law and other issues that impact development of renewable energy projects in the U.S. energy markets.
- Strong understanding of U.S. power markets and transmission system.
- Solid understanding of economic drivers for renewable energy projects.
- Ability to concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations and risk/benefit tradeoffs, both in written, verbal, and presentation format, to project teams and to senior management.
- Ability to recognize development opportunities and identify and evaluate risks related to renewable project development.
- Prior experience with or interest in expanding to development of utility-scale solar projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a flat organization, successfully leveraging the expertise of multiple colleagues in different lines of reporting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Earth.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Willing and available to travel significantly as needed (40%-60%).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of key value drivers for renewable power projects.
- Strong communication, project management and team-building skills experience working with cross-functional internal and external technical advisors and stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and arbitrate between conflicting priorities with clear target setting and follow-through capability in a fast-paced work environment.
Characteristics of Successful Scout Team Members
- Ethical professional who does the right thing even when it is difficult.
- Resourceful self-motivator with exceptional leadership and organizational skills.
- Perpetual learner with the ability to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Work Ethic. Productive team member who desires to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment to meet deadlines and get things done.
- Team Focus. Purpose-driven colleague with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working across organizational boundaries to deliver on shared team goals.
|Job Type: Full-time
||Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
|Job Location: Boulder, Colorado
||Required Experience: Wind Energy industry
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
For more information: www.scoutcleanenergy.com