Associate Project Developer – Special Projects
Scout Clean Energy is a leading US renewable energy developer, owner and operator headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Scout is developing a MW portfolio of over 5,000 MW of wind, solar and energy storage projects across 11 US states. Scout is an owner-operator with expertise in all aspects of renewable power project development, permitting, power marketing, finance, construction and asset management. Scout is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners.
Scout is made up of renewable energy industry veterans who are making a difference in our world. Our team’s work ethic is second to none. We identify problems, create solutions, and deliver them professionally to our customers, stakeholders, partners and one another. We do the right thing when no one is looking because we are committed to our collective success and because we believe that our uncompromising integrity is key to the collaborative relationships that drive our business.
The Associate Project Developer – Special Projects will support two innovative dimensions of Scout’s growth plans:
- On-Site Load Development. The development of energy-intensive facilities co-located with Scout’s renewable energy projects. These on-site facilities will become Scout’s customers, directly using the clean energy that is produced by our wind, solar, and battery power plants.
- Wind Repowering Development. The redevelopment of aging wind power projects in Texas, California, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia will enable the delivery of more clean energy on sites that were completed 15+ years ago. Your analytical support will help to determine the viability of reinvesting in these facilities to generate more clean energy for our customers.
You will work together and in parallel with other internal and external subject matter experts to advance the facilities that serve our customers. Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing analytical support for the due diligence process, including gaining an understanding of all aspects of the existing facilities, surrounding communities, and nearby markets.
- Support risk analysis, identifying and assessing the implications of key risks and creating mitigation strategies where appropriate.
- Assist in creating the (re)development plan for viable sites, including timelines, metrics, and budgets that are attainable and enable the achievement of target financial metrics.
- Support (re)development activities for viable projects, including working closely with internal subject matter experts and external consultants in the following areas:
- Meteorological studies
- Electrical interconnection studies and strategy
- Environmental studies and permitting
- Facility configuration and performance
- Stakeholder relations
- Conduct Google Earth mapping to identify and analyze potential constraints for facility placement and potential site expansion for existing wind farms
- Lease agreement processing and landowner communications.
- Help coordinate consultants and external parties.
- Assist with project budgeting, scheduling, and reporting.
- Significant travel as needed (20-40% on average).
- A BS or BA from an accredited college program, with some business coursework preferred.
- Previous coursework or internship in the renewable energy industry and/or commercial/industrial real estate industry preferred.
- Experience with real estate development in rural areas is a plus.
- Self-motivator with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and to meet deadlines and complete time-sensitive duties.
- Excitement and enthusiasm in learning how to become a Project Developer.
- Google Earth, Excel, PowerPoint, Word proficiency.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Willing and available to travel significantly as needed (20%-40%) depending on project stage.
Timeline and Location
This position will begin as soon as possible or by January 2022 at the latest.
Our ideal candidate will be able to commute to our Boulder office at least three times per week.
Characteristics of Successful Scout Team Members
- Integrity. Ethical professional who does the right thing even when it is difficult.
- Initiative. Resourceful self-motivator with exceptional leadership and organizational skills.
- Intelligence. Perpetual learner with the ability to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Work Ethic. Productive team member who desires to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment to meet deadlines and get things done.
- Team Focus. Purpose-driven colleague with strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working across organizational boundaries to deliver on shared team goals.
Invitation to Women and U.S. Underrepresented Groups
We encourage applications from all demographics and especially those that are traditionally underrepresented in the energy industry. Consistent with our core values, Scout celebrates the diversity of thought and experience that comes from a range of backgrounds including, but not limited to, gender, race, and ethnicity.
Invitation to Veterans
Scout welcomes veterans of the United States Armed Forces to apply for this position. Scout includes veterans of all branches and a diverse set of occupational specialties. We value the independent thinking, problem solving, leadership, and teamwork that our veterans have developed through their service. We welcome applications from any service and any military occupational specialty.
Target base salary: $65,000-$70,000
Attractive bonus potential.
Scout offers a full range of benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance with attractive premiums, 401(k) match, STD, LTD, an Employee Assistance Program, and a range of optional supplemental insurance coverage.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information: www.scoutcleanenergy.com